Beginning January 19, 2022, every residential address in the US is eligible to receive 4 free individual Covid test kits. You can sign up at covidtests.gov to get yours ordered now. These kits will ship within 7-12 days from order date.
Even though you might not feel the need to order a Covid test kit now, it’s a great idea to have one on hand.
About the Covid Test Kits you’ll receive:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
For more information and to order your COVID-19 test kit, visit covidtests.gov.
For more on when to use at-home tests, see the latest CDC self-testing guidance.