You can make a difference . . .
By volunteering with The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, you can be sure you’re making a difference for those in need.
For some, this is a chance to give something back to the community and to use their skills and experience to make a difference in the lives of people who need assistance. For others, it is a chance to develop new skills and experience in a supportive environment.
Make a difference in your own life too.
Volunteering with The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a rich and rewarding experience. As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- The satisfaction of helping others
- Sharing your skills and teaching others
- Learning new skills
- A sense of community and friendship
Current volunteer opportunities:
Warehouse (Libertyville) (Must be 18 years or older)
- Jeweler (to appraise jewelry donations)
- Furniture (light-polishing, fixing scratches, steam cleaning)
- Shoe sorting
- Metal sorting
- Sort and separate Christmas items (presort before going to pricing)
- Miscellaneous household items sorting and wrapping
Thrift Stores (Libertyville, Orland Park) (Must be 18 years or older)
- Donation receiving, sorting and stocking
- Merchandising and window displays
To find out more and volunteer at one of our Thrift Stores, please fill out the form below.